Urgent need to have blood substitutes ready before any natural or man-made epidemics, emergencies, conflicts or disasters.
Artificial Cells: the beginning of Nanomedicine 2013 Chapter 1 in book on Selected Topics in
** Ceremony dinner followed by football kickoff (Click here for PC) (Click here for Apple)
MONOGRAPH ON ARTIFICIAL CELLS for free access: You are invited to access a free complementary copy of Professor Chang's 454 page monograph on "ARTIFICIAL CELLS: biotechnology, nanotechnology, regenerative medicine, blood substitutes bioencapsulation and cell/stem cell therapy" (World Science Publisher/Imperial College Press) (click here)
WHAT? WHEN? WHY?
HOW? (brief description)
Artificial Cells, blood substitutes, nanomedicine, nanobiotechnolog, regenerative medicine, bioencapsulation and related areas
READING AND VIDEO FOR GENERAL AUDIENCE
(1) 2011 VIDEO interview on "The Greatest McGillians" in McGill's 190 years history (blood substitutes and artificial cells included) (Click here for PC) (Click here for Apple) This will take a few minutes to download
Blood Cell Man by Andre Picard (Artificial Cells & blood
(3) Video interview on artificial cells and blood substitutes (needs high speed internet and a few minutes for downloading)
(4) Inventor and 50 years of Artificial Cells (Chinese) with permission from Ming Poa News
(5) Inventing Artificial Cells (Chinese) with permission from Sept Days News
(6) Blood substitute (French)
(&) Father of Artificial Cells (Chinese) 2012 Shantou Newspaper
(1) Detailed review on "Artificial Cells" from 2005 Nature Review Drug Discovery
(2) "Nanobiotechnology based blood substitutes" from 2006 Trends in Biotechnology
"Nanobiotechnological modification of hemoglobin and enzymes"
Biochimica et Biophysica Acta:
proteins & Proteomics 1784:1435-144
(4) "Nanobiotechnology for hemoglobin based blood substitutes" Preprint from 2009 Critical Care Clinics
Red Blood Cells, Oxygen Carriers, Oxygen Therapeutics to Artificial Cells and
Nanomedicine and beyond.
Opening remark XIII ISBS 2011
Opening remark XIII ISBS 2011
(6) Artificial Cells: the beginning of Nanomedicine 2013 Chapter 1 in book on
Selected Topics in Nanomedicine 2013
(6) Artificial Cells: the beginning of Nanomedicine 2013 Chapter 1 in book on Selected Topics in Nanomedicine 2013
free online access)
(1) ARTIFICIALCELLS: biotechnology, nanotechnology, regenerative medicine, blood substitutes bioencapsulation and cell/stem cell therapy. a 2007 454 page monograph by Chang.(full text of book posted with copyright permission)
(2)"BLOOD SUBSTITUTES: principles,methods,products & clinical trials" Monograph by Chang (1997) (full text of book posted with copyright permission)
(3) "ARTIFICIAL CELLS" Monograph by Chang(1972).(full text of book posted with copyright permission)
PUBLIC ISSUES ON BLOOD SUBSTITUTES
(1) Krever commission's Report on Blood Suply in Canada implemented by Quebec
(2) Is there a priority to include blood substitutes in national blood supply policies?
(3) Is there a role for first generation blood substitutes in hemorrhagic shock?
(4) Is there a need for blood substitutes in the new millennium and what should we expect in the way of safety and efficacy?by Chang,Greenburg,Chen,Feola & Simoni,Tsuchida,Biro,Yang,Alayash,Bucci,Hsia.
Safety of red blood cell
substitutes as compared to stored donor red blood cells
Substitutes in 2010
CELLS AND ORGANS RESEARCH CENTRE
(1) McGill Artificial Cells and Organs Research Centre :
(2) TMS Chang C.V. and publications
INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY & JOURNALS:
(4) Memorials for editorial board members:DeBakey,Kolff & Winslow
XV International Symposia on Blood Substitutes and Oxygen Therapeutics 2015, Lund, Sweden. IV World Congress of Nanomedine, 22-24 October 2014, Ankara, Turkey click for details of these and other meetings.
TEACHING MATERIAL(For McGill students only)