Class 2011 - Overview Senior Clerkship Component
Senior Clerkship Presentation (ppt
This final component of the
curriculum provides opportunities for
self-reflection and for reinforcement of principles
that are the foundation for the practice of
medicine. It is preceded by a vacation / interview period.
(January 17 to February 13, 2011)
Senior clerkship consists of 3
clinical rotations (Emergency Medicine, Geriatric
Medicine and Surgery Subspecialties) as well as a 4
week "Medicine and Society course" There are also
opportunities for Electives. Some students will also
have the opportunity to replace a clinical Elective
option with a seminar in basic science (Topics of
Medical Science March 14 -April 10, 2011).
Physicianship 4 (INDS 420) begins on Wednesday, February 16, 2011. This course consists of four components: 1) Medicine and Society Core, 2) Medicine and Society Electives (both offer topics focusing on the non-biological aspects of medicine), 3) Public Health and Preventive Medicine, and 4) Communication Plus. During this same period, sessions in Physician Apprenticeship 4 (INDS 422) also take place. The final date for P4 / PA4 is on Friday, March 11, 2011.
Note that student attendance at all Physicianship 4 and Physician Apprenticeship 4 sessions is mandatory.
Starting March 14,
Topics in Medical Science (seminars),
will be held during two 2-week blocks from
Tuesday, March 14 to Friday, March 25, 2011 or
Monday, March 28 to Friday April 8, 2011. Exception,
Anatomy for Surgeons which is 4 weeks. Although the content of the
options vary, all of them share a primary goal of
reintroducing fundamental principles in the basic
sciences. It is hoped that, students will gain a new
appreciation of the basic sciences as the pillars of
medical knowledge and future scientific
of Senior Clerkship Components:
- Vacation / Interview Period (January 17 -
February 13, 2011)
- Medicine and Society Core – Mondays / Wednesdays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
- Medicine and Society Electives – Tuesdays / Thursdays 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon
- Public Health and Preventive Medicine – Mondays / Wednesdays 1:30-4:30 p.m. An examination is scheduled for the morning of Friday, March 11.
- Communication Plus – Thursdays, February 17 & 24, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. Each student will also be scheduled for a session at the Arnold & Blema Steinberg Medical Simulation Centre on one of the following dates – morning or afternoon of February 25 and March 4, afternoons of 8 and 11.
- Professionalism – The class will be divided in half, and students will be scheduled for the two Tuesdays, February 22 and March 1, or the two Thursdays, March 2 and 10.
- Topics in Medical Science (seminars) or Clinical
Electives: March 14 - April 10, 2011
- LMCC Review sessions (April 11-22)
- LMCC (Medical
Council of Canada Qualifying Exam) Exam dates:
Monday, April 25 to Friday, May 13, 2011
(proposed dates given by MCC - to be confirmed)
For any question regarding
For Senior Clerkship , Clinical Rotations &
Topics in Medical Science
Nicole Guedon, Tel: (514)398-3516
Note: Course descriptions
are subject to change – students will be advised.