Items are posted on the Bulletin Board
for two months then moved
to Archived News.
|Goings||Dr. Issam El Naqa
Dr. Alasdair Syme (Medical Physics)
|Comings||Arezu Jahani-Asl, July, 2015
Basic Cancer Research
Congratulations to the recipients of CIHR Foundation Grants
Of the 24 inaugural CIHR Foundation Grants awarded to McGill researchers,
5 were awarded to Dept. of Oncology members for a combined total of $10.6
1. Laurent Azoulay: Cancer pharmacoepidemiology: a population-based assessment of the risks of prescription drugs in vulnerable populations
2. Eduardo Franco: Research Program on the Epidemiology and Prevention of Human Papillomavirus Infection and Associated Cancers
3. Morag Park: Mechanisms of Met activation in cancer and therapeutic intervention
4. Janusz Rak: Targeting vascular mechanisms of cancer progression
5. Jan Seuntjens: Monte Carlo techniques in the optimization of radiation therapy delivery and outcomes
Dr. Gerald Batist re-appointed as Chief of Oncology at the JGH
Congratulations to Dr. Gerald Batist
on his recent re-appointment as Chief of Oncology at the Jewish General
Oncology at the MUHC is now at the Glen Site
Most of the Department of Oncology members who are
based at the MUHC have now moved to the Glen Site at 1001 Décarie Blvd.
The Cedars Cancer Centre is located there as is the Royal Victoria Hospital,
the Montreal Children's Hospital and the MUHC Research Institute.
Prostate Cancer Canada - Movember Discovery Grants
Drs. Armen Aprikian, Ivan Topisirovic,
Michel Tremblay and Jian Hui Wu who were
awarded Movember Discovery Grants from Prostate Cancer Canada for the
Armen Aprikian (PI is Dr. Alice Dragomir): Development of a clinical and economic model for evaluating new tests or strategies of diagnosis, treatment and management of prostate cancer.
Ivan Topisirovic: Resolving gene expression landscapes in prostate cancer through ex-vivo modelling of stromal-epithelial cross-talk.
Michel Tremblay: Characterization and prognostic potential of the prostate cancer genetic-susceptibility amplicon on chromosome 20q13 during tumour progression.
Jian Hui Wu: Development of human STING agonists for prostate cancer immunotherapy.