Canada Scientific Publication Award
The McGill Journal of Medicine and Pfizer
Canada Inc. are joining forces to launch another edition
of the publication award for student researchers. All new original
articles submitted for Issue 9.1 of the McGill Journal of
Medicine will be eligible for the award. In October 2005,
the editorial board of the McGill Journal of Medicine will select
the top two research papers and publish them in issue 9.1 as
the feature articles. The first and second place papers will
be awarded a cash prize of $1000 and $500 respectively. The
winning authors will also be given the opportunity to present
their research at a McGill University conference hosted by the
McGill Journal of Medicine.
Authors wishing to apply for the Pfizer Canada Scientific Publication
Award must meet the following conditions:
- The article must pertain to original scientific research
that has not been previously published elsewhere.
- The primary author must be a student at an accredited university.
- The manuscript must conform to the submission guidelines
outlined by the MJM editorial board (click here for more information).
- Submissions must be received by midnight on September
29th , 2005.
- Authors must be prepared to undergo the standard Peer Review
Process used by all scientific journals and revise their work
accordingly if required.