Jean-François Boivin, M.D., Sc.D., F.R.C.P.C., Professor
of Epidemiology & Biostatistics,
McGill University, 1020 Pine Avenue West,
Montréal, Québec, Canada H3A 1A2
(514) 398-6265 Fax: (514) 398-4503
Laval University, Québec, M.D. (1973)
Harvard School of Public Health, Sc.D. (Doctor of Science, Epidemiology) (1981)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, F.R.C.P.C., Community Medicine (1994)
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE
Licence, Medical Council of Canada (1974)
Diploma, National Board of Medical Examiners, U.S.A. (1975)
Fellow, American College of Epidemiology (1986)
Specialist, Community Health, Professional Corporation of Physicians of Québec (1990)
Fellow, Epidemiology Council, American Heart Association (1993)
1. Freeman CR, Belliveau NJ, Kim
TH, Boivin JF. Limited surgery with or without radiotherapy for early breast
carcinoma. Journal of the Canadian Association of Radiologists 1981;
2. Boivin JF, Hutchison GB. Leukemia and other cancers after radiotherapy and chemotherapy for Hodgkin's disease. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 1981; 67:751-760.
3. Boivin JF, Hutchison GB. Coronary heart disease mortality after irradiation for Hodgkin's disease. Cancer 1982; 49:2470-2475.
4. Boivin JF. Analytic epidemiologic methods for research on nosocomial infections: Definitions and examples. American Journal of Infection Control 1982; 10:87-92.
5. Boivin JF, Hutchison GB, Lyden M, Godbold J, Chorosh J, Schottenfeld D. Second primary cancers following treatment of Hodgkin's disease. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 1984; 72:233-241.
6. Boivin JF, Wacholder S. Conditions for confounding of the risk ratio and of the odds ratio. American Journal of Epidemiology 1985; 121:152-158.
7. Boivin JF, Hutchison GB, Evans FB, Abou‑Daoud KT, Junod B. Leukemia after radiotherapy for first primary cancers of various anatomic sites. American Journal of Epidemiology 1986; 123:993-1003.
8. Kramer MS, Boivin JF. Toward an "unconfounded" classification of epidemiologic research design. Journal of Chronic Diseases 1987; 40:683-688.
9. Wacholder S, Boivin JF. External comparisons with the case‑cohort design. American Journal of Epidemiology 1987; 126:1198-1209.
10. O'Loughlin J, Boivin JF, Suissa S. A survey of worksite health promotion in Montreal. Canadian Journal of Public Health 1988; 79 (Supplement): 5-10 (This paper also appeared in French in the same issue of the journal).