Friday, September 28th, 2012
Royal Victoria Hospital, Hersey Pavilion, H4, 4th floor, 687 Pine Avenue West
Rules for abstract submission and registration:
- All graduate students registered in the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics are required to attend PRD and are encouraged to present a poster. Justification for missing this event must be provided and subsequently approved by the PRD Organizing Committee prior to the registration deadline. Failure to obtain approval for your absence from the PRD will be considered when future Departmental awards are conferred.
Students that are not registered with the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics will not be eligible for prizes but can attend if they are supervised by a Pharmacology and Therapeutics supervisor.
Only undergraduate students who are part of a poster/project/presentation may attend PRD.
- All registrants are expected to stay for the reception if they have indicated their intention to attend.
- Abstract length cannot exceed 2000 characters (approx. 275 words). The form is locked to Arial 10 pt.
- The prizes to be awarded include:
- Melville Awards (3) for poster presentations by: one junior and one senior graduate student, and one post-doctoral fellow*.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Awards (2) for poster presentations by: one junior and one senior graduate student.
- Astra-Zeneca Award (1) for the highest-rated oral presentation (open to all categories)
- The criteria for each prize are as follows:
- Previous award recipients are not eligible for the same prize in the same category this year. However, these individuals are eligible for a different award or for the same award in a different category.
- Junior students are those who have been registered in a graduate program at McGill for 24 months or less.
- Prizes, which consist of a certificate from the Department and a monetary award, will be presented during the reception. It is expected that all participants presenting posters or talks will attend this event. The judges will rank presentations numerically and if a prize winner is absent, his or her prize will be forfeited and given to the first runner-up. This rule is in place to avoid the embarrassing moments where generous sponsors present prizes to absent winners.
- The registration deadline is 5PM - FRIDAY, AUGUST 31ST, 2012. The Abstract deadline is 5PM – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH, 2012. Forms will not be accepted after this time.
*Post-doctoral fellows, research assistants/associates, and research technicians are all eligible for this award.